CACHE Level 2 Prevention and Control of Infection
Develop an in depth understanding of how to prevent and control infections on this Level 2 CACHE course, from home!
- Understand the principles of infection prevention and control.
- Know the causes and spread of infection.
- Learn about cleaning, decontamination and waste management.
- Explore local policies in relation to infection control.
- Describe how risk assessments can help minimise the outbreak of infection.
- Understand the difference between infection and colonisation.
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni for 2 years when you enrol on your course..
Ideal for those working in any healthcare setting or those looking to start a career in healthcare.
The course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by email making it easier and hassle-free.
All the materials will be delivered to you, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you advice and helping you through your course.
Up to 12 months
Approximately 70 hours
You will receive an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Prevention and Control of Infection
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
- Roles and responsibilities
- Legislation and policies
- Systems and procedures
- Risk assessment
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Good personal hygiene in the prevention
- Control of infections
- Common illnesses and infections caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites
- Infection and colonisation
- Systemic infection
- Localised infection
- Poor practices
- Transmission of infection
- Growth of microorganisms
- Infective agents
- Common sources of infection
- Infective agents can be transmitted
- Key factors
- Environmental cleaning
- Cleaning schedules
- Correct management
- National policy
- Decontamination process
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Cleaning and storing equipment
- Different categories of waste
- Dealing with waste safely
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
The course is designed to take around 70 hours of study time. You will have 1 year to complete your course, which is more than enough time.
This means you can work at your own pace – how fast you work through the course is completely up to you!
You will have no strict deadlines or timetabling to contend with so you can spread your workload across the year, fitting your course around your busy schedule.
The course is designed for study by distance learning. Students can choose to work from a study pack or online. As long as you have your course materials, you can study!
You will also have tutor support by email. You can start at any time.
Upon successful completion of the course you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Prevention and Control of Infection.
CACHE became part of NCFE in 2015.
CACHE (the Council of Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the UK’s leading awarding organisation for the childcare and social care sectors and are part of the RQF (Regulated Qualifications Framework) which ensures the highest level quality courses and industry recognised qualifications.
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will be entitled to access the CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years. CACHE Alumni is a Professional Membership Network for those who work in the CACHE industries, providing valuable resources and advice for professional studying towards/with a CACHE qualification.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course. You will need to be at least 14 years of age to enrol.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- FREE CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Exclusive Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. As this is a knowledge-based qualification, it can be studied by those who are not yet working in a care role.
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.