Dental Receptionist QLS Level 3
Do you want to pursue a career as a dental receptionist? Then learn all of the skills and knowledge you need to be one step closer to achieving your dream job.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the dental receptionist
- Develop awareness of communication skills needed in the office
- Identify confidentiality and data protection policies
- Be aware of managing different types of patients
- Understand how to manage appointments
- Explain the importance of teamwork in the receptionist role
This course will allow you to study the convenient way! You decide when and where you learn, at your own pace. Your coursework can be submitted by either post or email, making it easy and hassle-free.
You choose whether you want to study this course online or as a paper based hard copy. All your course materials will then be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be simpler. Our experienced and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Up to 1 year
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Dental Receptionist Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Role and responsibilities
- Professional bodies and standards
- Different roles within the dental team
- Communication methods
- Dealing with patients
- Listening skills and questioning techniques
- Data protection act
- Confidentiality act
- Safeguarding children policy
- Patient safety and quality assurance
- Managing patients
- Different customer needs
- Handling complaints
- Telephone techniques
- Booking and cancelling appointments
- Time management
- Benefits of teamwork
- Role as the receptionist
- Situations teamwork is needed
- Allocated tasks
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our award-winning tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course. Although, it would be advisable to have a good level of English and maths and excellent communication skills.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Dental Receptionist Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.