PC Technology Level 3
Pursue your career in PC technology with this course!
- Understand the components and maintenance of computer hardware.
- Develop your knowledge of the Windows operating system.
- Enhance your knowledge of how to diagnose hardware problems and troubleshooting mobile devices.
- Study common security threats and security system best practices.
This PC Technology Level 3 course has been professionally designed to give you a solid foundation of knowledge in IT.
With everything you need at the click of a button in your own personal online platform, you can learn whenever and wherever is most convenient to you.
Join over 100,000 people that have studied with us and enrol with us today. Home learning couldn’t be easier!
Up to one year.
Approximately 100 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Understanding PC Technology Level 3.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Practical programming assignments and coursework.
- Introduction to getting started
- A history of computer technology
- Computer numbering systems
- Computer numbering systems
- Overview of PC hardware components
- Overview of PC operating systems
- Overview of peripheral hardware devices
- Securing your PC
- Glossary of important terms
- The system unit and power supply
- Important motherboard components
- Input devices
- Storage devices
- Display devices
- Peripheral devices
- Laptops, tablets and smartphones
- Installing display devices
- Installing input devices
- Installing output devices
- Installing I/O devices
- Installing expansion cards
- Installing CPUs and power supplies
- Installing storage devices
- Safety information and toolkit essentials
- Dealing with boot failure
- Diagnosing disk drive problems
- Diagnosing Windows problems
- Useful diagnostic tools
- Hardware and software conflicts
- Preventative maintenance
- Laptop components
- Laptop maintenance guidelines
- External laptop hardware devices
- Other mobile devices
- Mobile accessories and ports
- Troubleshooting mobile devices
- Introduction to computer networks
- Network types
- Network components
- Introducing TCP/IP
- Internet connections
- Ports and protocols
- Networking tools
- Security issues
- Introduction to the internet
- Security on the internet
- Connecting to the internet
- Search engine technologies
- An introduction to email
- An introduction to HTML
- Understanding cascading style sheets
- Operating system fundamentals
- The evolution of Windows
- Installing and configuring Windows
- Start menu, taskbar and desktop
- Clipboard, Explorer and launching apps
- Control panel and accessories
- Setting up printers and scanners
- Automatic maintenance
- Optimizing Microsoft Windows
- Backup and restore system data
- Disk storage maintenance
- Installing software updates
- Other operating systems
- Common security threats
- System security best practices
- Firewalls and other security devices
- Mobile security controls
- Windows 10 built-in security
- Network and wireless security
You will be assessed throughout this course via practical programming assignments and coursework. At the end of each lesson, you will also be provided with a review and quiz, as well as an assignment.
You may start at any time and have up to a full year from enrolment to complete your studies. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines. This course has approximately 100 hours self-study time.
You will study this course through distance learning, which means you can learn at a time and place to suit you.
Providing the assignments have been completed to the required standards, upon the successful completion of this course students will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Understanding PC Technology Level 3 Open Awards Quality Endorsed Unit Course Certificate with eight Open Awards Credits.
There are no requirements to enrol on this course, however, you must have a good working knowledge of computers and be comfortable using them.
You have up to a year to complete this course from the start of your enrolment, giving you enough time to study at your own pace.
No, this course is assessed through tutor-marked assignments.
No. Everything is included within the price!
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.