Sale! Psychology and Child Psychology QLS Level 3
Boost your career opportunities with our level 3 bundle course in psychology and child psychology!
- Understand the different classifications in psychology and how to identify mental disorders, including depression and schizophrenia.
- Explore behavioural psychology such as addiction and sensory processes, as well as social psychology theories.
- Gain an insight into how children form relationships and how their perception, cognition and language develops over time.
- Learn about the mind of a child and how they develop socially, emotionally and morally.
Psychology is a truly fascinating subject which investigates human behaviour at the levels of the individual and wider society. With this course you can specialise in a fascinating area of psychology, which is important for social development, childcare and education.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
This bundle is approved by the ACCPH (Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists), at the end of this course students will be able to join and become a member of the ACCPH. The ACCPH is an independent self-regulated professional body for counsellors, psychotherapists and hypnotherapists.
Up to two years.
Approximately 160 hours.
You will receive two Certificates of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Child Psychology QLS Level 3
- How can we define childhood?
- Historical perspectives of childhood
- Emergence of psychology
- Psychoanalytical perspective
- Classical conditioning
- Changing behaviour
- The cognitive, physiological, scientific, humanistic and evolutionary approaches to psychology
- Research methods in psychology
- Child psychology tools
- Nature/nurture debate
- Bowlby's theory
- Innate programming
- Different types of attachment
- Disruption of attachment
- The child's first relationship
- Understanding language
- Cognitive structure and input
- Plurals, syntax and grammar
- The relevance of language to child psychology
- Vision and cognitive development
- Hearing and cognitive development
- Social learning theory
- Cognitive priming
- Kohlberg's perspective
- Eisenberg's perspective
- Emotion and morality
- Temperament and emotional development
- Memory and memory processes
- Short- and long-term memory
- Models of memory
- Prenatal memory and learning
- From memory to mental activity
- The organisation of children's minds
- How children view others in their world
- How does all this relate to child psychology?
- Having a sense of gender
Psychology QLS Level 3
- Psychology practice and approaches
- Classification of psychology
- Qualitative or quantitative
- Ethical considerations
- Experimental and non-experimental methods
- Analysing and presenting data
- The Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders
- Personality disorders
- The central nervous system
- Sensory processes
- Addictive behaviour
- Drug addiction
- Alcohol addiction
- Smoking addiction
- Language acquisition
- Development of the shelf
- Groups and group behaviour
- Pro-social and anti-social behaviour
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 160 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you via email. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- Comprehensive study guide*
- Open Study College pen and highlighter*
- Student study planner*
- Student notebook*
- Document wallet*
* Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.